Sleep, Sleep, Perfect Sleep
Sleep studies conducted globally show without exception that we all need a good night’s sleep, with some disturbing findings about long term effects of poor quality sleep. These include obesity, diabetes, heart disease, stomach ulcers, depression, and may even accelerate onset of Alzheimer’s disease. Your ability to think is also affected, resulting in difficulties with retaining memories, processing information and making decisions.
Here are just a few tips to help you have a more restful night:
- Sleep in complete darkness
- Keep your bedroom cool (and wear bedsocks!)
- Reduce the disruptive effect of electro-magnetic fields (EMF’s) by removing mobiles, computers and hands-free phones, as these can disrupt the pineal gland and production of melatonin and serotonin
- Make sure you have a good quality mattress and bedding
- Go to bed at the same time every night (not too late)
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, cheese or chocolate within 2 hours of bedtime, but a high protein snack or small piece of fruit a couple of hours before sleep may be beneficial
- No TV before bed as it stimulates the brain, and no exciting books in bed!
- Listen to relaxation CDs such as white noise or nature sounds
- Keep a notepad by your bed and jot down anything that is worrying you before you snuggle down.
Tried all these and still no luck? Then it may be time for you to get some additional help – and I’m not talking about sleeping pills! Over the years, I’ve seen many clients who consult me for help with sleep problems. I always start by taking a thorough case history and reviewing their ‘sleep hygiene’ routine. What quickly becomes clear is that they have one thing in common: underlying anxiety and stress. By working with my clients in a safe and comfortable state of hypnosis, I help them to neutralise the root cause of their anxiety. I may also teach them a simple form of self-hypnosis, but after just a few sessions, they tell me they can’t do it for long as they quickly fall asleep!
Why not give me a call for a confidential chat on 01963 371 695 or email me to discuss how I can help you turn your bed from a battleground to the most beautiful place in your world!
No comments to display
Online Hypnotherapy or Past Life Sessions in the comfort of your own home!
I am proud to have been one of the first twelve people in the world to have trained in and been officially certified in Online sessions (and that was way before the Coronavisus lockdown!). Consider the benefits....
~ Being in the safety and comfort of your own home
~ Working with me from anywhere in the world
~ No time or expense incurred for travel
Does it work just as well as seeing me face-to-face?
Yes it does!
Using hypnotic inductions specially created for working online, I can work with you just as effectively as if we were in the same room....