Sleep, Sleep, Perfect Sleep
Sleep studies conducted globally show without exception that we all need a good night’s sleep, with some disturbing findings about long term effects of poor quality sleep. These include obesity, diabetes, heart disease, stomach ulcers, depression, and may even accelerate onset of Alzheimer’s disease. Your ability to think is also affected, resulting in difficulties with retaining memories, processing information and making decisions.
Here are just a few tips to help you have a more restful night:
- Sleep in complete darkness
- Keep your bedroom cool (and wear bedsocks!)
- Reduce the disruptive effect of electro-magnetic fields (EMF’s) by removing mobiles, computers and hands-free phones, as these can disrupt the pineal gland and production of melatonin and serotonin
- Make sure you have a good quality mattress and bedding
- Go to bed at the same time every night (not too late)
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, cheese or chocolate within 2 hours of bedtime, but a high protein snack or small piece of fruit a couple of hours before sleep may be beneficial
- No TV before bed as it stimulates the brain, and no exciting books in bed!
- Listen to relaxation CDs such as white noise or nature sounds
- Keep a notepad by your bed and jot down anything that is worrying you before you snuggle down.
Tried all these and still no luck? Then it may be time for you to get some additional help – and I’m not talking about sleeping pills! Over the years, I’ve seen many clients who consult me for help with sleep problems. I always start by taking a thorough case history and reviewing their ‘sleep hygiene’ routine. What quickly becomes clear is that they have one thing in common: underlying anxiety and stress. By working with my clients in a safe and comfortable state of hypnosis, I help them to neutralise the root cause of their anxiety. I may also teach them a simple form of self-hypnosis, but after just a few sessions, they tell me they can’t do it for long as they quickly fall asleep!
Why not give me a call for a confidential chat on 01963 371 695 or email me to discuss how I can help you turn your bed from a battleground to the most beautiful place in your world!
No comments to display
Online Sessions - in the comfort of your own home!
I am now 'seeing' an increasing number of clients online, meaning that you don't have to travel to see me face-to-face!
Using the latest hypnotic inductions specially created for working online, I can help you to achieve your goals just as swiftly and effectively as if you were with me in my therapy room....
New Year Special Offer!
Change your mind - and change your life
No matter what emotional issues you have, if they are limiting you or holding you back, then why not make the decision to not just manage them but be FREE from them - and permanently.
Book your first 2 hour hypnotherapy session with me before March 31st 1919 and receive a healthy 15% discount on that first session.